Whether you’re an international blue chip, an ambitious SME, a forward-thinking government department or a charity with an eye for innovation, a partnership with The University of Manchester can have a significant impact on your organisation.
Through our business services, we can support your organisation by giving you new perspectives and ways to succeed. Our Energy research and teaching spans across all the faculties, schools and institutes of the University and extends to global partnerships with industry, public bodies and academia.
Our dedicated team can put you in direct contact with the Energy experts who can help you achieve your objectives and face future challenges with confidence; supporting the need for solutions that can play their part in meeting the global energy challenge.
Business solutions we offer
From providing business solutions to nurturing talent to informing policy, we will work with you to build a strategy for success. Take a look at how we can help you:
- Research commissioned, collaborative and sponsored research, and student research projects.
- Knowledge exchange concept development, feasibility studies, secondments and knowledge transfer partnerships.
- Consultancy consultant services, expert witness services and due diligence.
- Commercialisation bringing inventions and software into the commercial world, state-of-the-art biotech and hi-tech facilities, and incubation and spin-out facilities.
- Professional development bespoke continuing professional development courses and distance learning programmes.
- Recruiting talent a free online system for advertising internships and placements, support tailored for medium business recruiters, and careers and graduate fairs reaching over 38,000 high-calibre students.
Knowledge exchange case studies
Through our various business engagement knowledge exchange schemes, University of Manchester research is being applied to deliver economic, social and cultural impact at a community, national and global level.
Featured energy sector knowledge exchange case studies:AMEC Manchester's structural integrity expertise enhances AMEC's nuclear industry assessment procedures.
Cameron Our research brings new insights into gas treatment processes to Cameron.
Carbon Calculator Manchester helps carbon footprint calculator to support environmental sustainability within industry.
More knowledge exchange case studies from The University of Manchester business engagement team.