Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
The University of Manchester
Grid Reference: SJ 84695 97480
Co-ordinates: 53.473824N 2.2320549W
Nearest Post Code: M1 3AL
University and car parking spaces are convenient and safe.
Paid public parking is available:
For the Ferranti Building
- Multi-storey car park "A" on Charles Street
Principal car parks are denoted with a blue "P" icon on the Campus map (PDF).
If you have an appointment with a member of staff they may be able to provide you with a parking permit for the day.
Travel to meetings, lectures, seminars or conferences conveniently and sustainably via one of the university schemes and services:
- Shuttle bus - There are regular shuttle buses to pick up and drop off students at various points around the campus. These are also highlighted on the Campus map (PDF).
- By bike - Bike racks are available outside the main entrances to all of our buildings.
- By Foot – Use online tools such as Walkit or GPS Routes to plan the quickest route.
- Car share – A designated Greater Manchester private group has been established with members from Manchester Metropolitan University, University of Manchester, Central NHS Trust and Royal Northern College of Music.
The Manchester Conference Centre & Hotel is on Sackville Street, at the heart of the North Campus and close to the Ferranti Building.
See the Visit Manchester Interactive Map to locate other nearby accommodation.